If you are looking at having a metal roof placed on a home or commercial building you have come to the right place. Sax Construction can help you decide what best metal roof system will fit with your home or commercial building. We’ve got all the knowledge, all the pros and cons, listed right below. Metal and tin roofs are actually becoming quite popular in residential settings just as the commercial.
So How Do I Choose the Right Roofing Material?
It has actually been proven the rain on a metal roof can actually be quite soothing and enjoyable. Similar to the white noise one may fall asleep from a fan. It has even become so popular that there have been many sleeping and guided meditation apps that use rain on a metal roof to calm you down. Metal roofs are gradually becoming more and more utilized in residential and commercial settings!
So, why are people turning to metal roofs in droves? Check out this list of pros and cons!
- Metal roofs are long lasting and if installed properly and well maintained can last 40-70 years
- Metal roofing can last twice as long as asphalt shingles
- Metal roofs are environmentally friendly
- unlike asphalt shingles, metal roofing lasts longer and is recyclable
- Metal roofs help to reduce the amount of fossil fuels used by limiting not only the production of petroleum based roof’s, but also reducing the amount of shingles being dumped in landfills
- Some insurance companies will offer discounts on your policy for choosing a durable metal roof over other products available on the market
- The initial investment is larger making it a more expensive option
- During strong and heavy storms, hail or other flying objects can damage or dent the metal roof
Metal roofs have their pros and cons, at the end of the day all you have to do is decide whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze. If you want a roof that can last your whole life, then metal roofing is the way to go!